RELEASE DATE UPDATES:
Since 2022 a lot of publishing dates for the big books have been delayed. Since we do not update all old article pages, it is best to check the current release date of your pre-order at this central location.
In times of low print runs and supply-chain problems Pre-Orders are always the most reliable way to get your favorite books. Together, our two main suppliers Penguin Random House from the United States and Diamond UK from the (duh!) UK, cover close to 100% of English-language comic publishers. We have designed two pre-order programs to offer you a mix of low prices and as much flexibility as possible: The Big Books Pre-Order Program & The Previews Pre-Orders.
SIX IMPORTANT RULES YOU MUST FOLLOW IN ORDER TO PLACE PRE-ORDERS WITH WALT'S:
1. One order always equals one shipping action. Only when the last item from your pre-order has reached us it is completed and can be shipped. If you don't want to wait, better create several orders, which contain for example all releases of one month.
2. Combine in one order only products whose release dates are within a maximum period of two months. You can now combine any kind of pre-orders (Big Books & Previews), and even with in-stocks, just as long as the release dates are within the two months-timeframe.
3. If you want to add a new item to a pre-order/shipping action you made in the past 180 days, you can do so by emailing us. Send us a link on our website to the item and the old order number you want it add to. Please understand that we will only accept consolidations up to a certain weight that does not jeopardise the safe transport of the books.
4. Certain bulky or heavy products such as Box Sets or Artist Editions may have their own shipping rules, which are always indicated on the product page.
5. Release dates may be changed by the publisher at any time. The release dates for all Big Books are constantly updated here: tinyurl.com/bigbooksreleasedates Please check there first before emailing to ask the status of your book.
6. For organisational reasons pre-orders are not eligible for freebies.
THE TWO TYPES OF PRE-ORDERS:
1. THE BIG BOOK PRE-ORDER PROGRAM
Omnis, Absolutes, Box Sets etc released by Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and IDW we offer for a low pre-order conversion rate of 75-80 Eurocent on the US-Dollar.
HOW DO I PRE-ORDER BIG BOOKS?
Every month we add new Big Books for pre-order, as soon as they are officially announced by the publishers in their catalogues.
In each item's description you will find both the release date and the FOC pre-order date. FOC means "Final Order Cutoff", it is the last day we can accept orders for that item at the discounted pre-order price. Some (not all!) items will still be available for pre-order after that, but for a higher exchange rate.
On our Pre-Orders page we have both an overview of all available pre-orders or you can selectively display the products of one particular FOC date.
PAYMENT & MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
To benefit from the discount Big Books pre-order prices all orders have to be placed through the website and you have to pay with order. We cannot currently offer an alternative (such as payment on release or payment after delivery). But we do offer the possibility to cancel the pre-order at any time. Just write us an email and we’ll cancel your order and refund you — no questions asked.
You can order as many Omnis as you want with one pre-order and will only pay the flat shipping fee (5€ for Germany, 12€ for EU or 15€ for UK/Switzerland/Norway). But this will buy you only one shipping action. We collect everything and send you order, when it is complete
If the release dates are spread over multiple months we kindly ask you to create multiple orders and group the books by publication date. Out of experience one shipping action per month is ideal, but we allow to spread the order to max. two months. For example: books to be released on May 5th can be paired with books to be released on July 3th.
We ship internationally, so if you don’t find your country listed in the checkout, please contact us and we will send you a shipping quote.
WHEN DO I GET MY BOOK(S)?
The release date is indicated in the description of each item. Note that publishers can still change the publication date at short notice.
At the moment we get the Big Books in weekly deliveries from the United States. Theoretically we should have all books before or on release date, though with the general problems in transportation we cannot guarantee.
When you see the new books listed on our website, it means your pre-orders are already in fulfilment; or have been stored away in case the order is still incomplete. Pre-orders are always prioritized in fulfilment, so you will always get the book first.
Please always keep this in mind: as long as you don't hear from us, everything is on track. You will get your book! It may just take a little longer.
CHECK OUT ALL BIG BOOKS CURRENTLY ON PRE-ORDER
2. THE PREVIEWS PRE-ORDERS
Every month we offer some premium books from the current Previews-Catalogue as Website-Preorders. Special pre-order prices apply to these items, depending on publisher, format, etc. The pay-with-order + money-back guarantee applies here as well.
Recently we have added Marvel Epic Collections and other Non-Big Books from Marvel, Dark Horse, DC and Kodansha to the Previews Pre-orders for low pre-order prices ranging from 0.80€-0.85€ on the US-Dollar.
You can now combine any kind of pre-orders (Big Books & Previews), and even with in-stocks, just as long as the release dates are within the two months-timeframe. If you don't want to wait, better create several orders, which contain for example all releases of one month. Your order will ship when the last book from the order is in!
CHECK OUT THE CURRENT SELECTION OF PREVIEWS PRE-ORDERS
If you have further Questions regarding the pre-orders, please get in touch.